Terms & Privacy
Conditions of Sale
In these conditions of sale:
The company means NWT Supplies Ltd trading as Online Rock Salt.
Correspondence address: NWT Supplies Ltd, Mickering Lane, Aughton, Nr Ormskirk, Lancashire, L39 6SR
The customer means any person contracting with the company for the supply of products or services.
Delivery means delivery by the company or any subcontractor employed by the company directly or indirectly.
These conditions may only be modified by a variation in writing signed on behalf of the company by a Director.
Submission of a purchase order online will be taken as agreement to these conditions of sale.
2. Supply of Products
Products are sold under the express understanding that:
These terms and conditions do not affect your statutory rights
1. Contracts for the supply of goods or services to retail or domestic customers are governed by The Sale of Goods Act 1979 (as amended) and supplied in compliance with, The Consumer Protection (distance selling) regulations 2000 as amended by S1689 2005. Any customers contacting in the course of their business are excluded from consumer protection legislation and are contacting with the company on a business to business basis.
2. The customer is fully made aware of conditions of sale regarding rock salt and other natural products. We cannot guarantee that the appearance and/or colours of products shown on this site exactly reproduce the appearance and/or colours of the physical products themselves. Natural products may show some colour variations. All sizes quoted are approximate
3. The company require any complaint to be made in writing by the customer within a reasonable time (which for turf would be within 2 days) of collection or delivery. If the customer is dissatisfied with the product then it must be returned to the company within 5 working days after the complaint has be logged. A refund will then be made for the original purchase price.
4. All prices quoted by the company for the sale of any products include the cost of delivery unless otherwise stated.
5. Customers are required to pay by credit card/debit card at the time of ordering.
6. Prices quoted are all-inclusive & delivered unless otherwise stated.
7. All products (however delivered) shall be at the customers risk from the time of collection (if so collected) or from the time of delivery. After such time the company shall be under no liability for loss or damage or deterioration of the product from whatever cause arising.
1. The company will make every effort to deliver products on the agreed date, but if for any reason the company is unable to deliver then no liability whether in damages or otherwise for delay of whole or any part of the goods ordered arising from any cause whatsoever.
2. Delivery by the company shall be conditional upon access free from encumbrances and good roads being available to the company’s vehicles to the place of delivery.
3. The company will not accept any liability for damages to property caused during delivery.
4. If the company, or its agent cannot gain access to the delivery address then additional costs may be incurred. Deliveries are made using large vehicles and it is the customers responsibility to inform the company if there may be an access problem. The company will confirm the outcome by e-mail. In such cases that delivery, in the opinion of the company is not possible, then the company reserves the right to cancel the order. This above action must be completed before 2.00 pm on the day prior to delivery. E-mail confirmation of orders also request the customer to contact the company if a delivery problem may occur. A list of likely problems are also enclosed on the e-mail confirmation. Delivery vehicles use tail lift offloading, and it must be emphasized that the delivery vehicle must be able to park in an area where the delivery is to be made. A pallet truck is then used to manoeuvre the products off the tail lift to the kerbside delivery point. The customer, or somebody appointed by the customer, should be at the delivery point to accept the delivery.
5. Deliveries requested AM are to be delivered before 13:00 and PM deliveries after 12:00. Failure to meet these times will result in a refund for the extra cost paid for AM or PM. The actual time of delivery must be written on the delivery note and signed for. If drop requested without signature no refund can be applied.
4. Cancellation/Returns Policy
1. The customer has the right to cancel any product or services except perishable goods that are listed in sub point 4 below. Any cancellation must be made within 7 days from the date of the order being delivered.
2. Cancellations are not accepted by telephone and must be by one of the following methods:
a. Electronic Mail to email@example.com
b. Fax to 0844 579 6956
c. Letter to NWT Supplies Ltd, Mickering Lane, Aughton, Nr Ormskirk, Lancashire, L39 6SR. Letters will be have been deemed to be received two working days following the postmark date.
3. Customers are required to return the goods at their own expense to North West Turf Ltd, Mickering Lane, Aughton, Nr Ormskirk, Lancashire, L39 6SR within 7 working days from the day following the day of delivery.
4. Perishable goods are Turf, Shrubs and Living Plants. All other goods are non-perishable
5. Perishable goods are excluded from cancellation under The Consumer Protection (distance selling) regulations 2000 as amended by S1689, 2005.
6. This does not effect your statutory rights
5. Order amendments
Any order amendments must be made before goods are despatched, despatch may be up to two working days prior to delivery. A unique amendment reference will be returned with your amendment confirmation email, this will be needed in any further correspondence or dispute. We are unable to amend orders after despatch.
The company reserve the right to cancel any order placed. Any such orders will be refunded as soon as practically possible. An email will be sent confirming any such cancelation to the email address supplied when the order was placed.
6. Company’s Premises
1. The customer will at all times be responsible for the security and insurance of their equipment.
2. The customer will comply with all requirements of Health & Safety Legislation
3. Delivery will be made on a kerb side delivery basis and will be the customers responsibility to move the product from the place of delivery to the area of requirement.
4. The company accepts no responsibility for injury or damage caused to persons or equipment whilst on company premises.
7. Working Days
Working days are Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday. Saturday and Sunday are not working days.
These conditions and any contract or variation are governed by the law of England. Any disputes arising from these conditions or any contract or variation entered into by the company with the customer which cannot be settled in the ordinary course of business shall be referred to a single arbitrator in accordance with the arbitration act 1950 or any modification thereof for the time being in force.
This policy does not affect your statutory rights.
Be aware that restricting cookies entirely use will mean that you need to place your order with us over the phone.
List of Cookies used:
_utma – This is a Google Analytics cookie
_utmb – This is a Google Analytics cookie
_utmc – This is a Google Analytics cookie
_utmd – This is a Google Analytics cookie
_utmz – This is a Google Analytics cookie
ASPSESSIONIDSCDSRCRT – This is used by our shopping cart
“Online Rock Salt” is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
“Online Rock Salt” may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 27th July 2009.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather:
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
Internal record keeping
- We may use the information to improve our products and services
- We may periodically send promotional email about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail
- We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Internal record keeping.
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes.
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please contact us.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.